Melon with Serrano Ham and Sprinkle Sauce (Melón con Jamón Serrano)
- 1 cup Red Belly Honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon green serrano chili, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon Fresno chili, seeded, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- 4 ounces serrano ham, thinly sliced
- 1 half cantaloupe, peeled, cut into bite-size chunks
Place honey in a microwavable container to warm, about 30 seconds, to make sprinkle sauce. Stir in lemon zest, serrano and Fresno chilies and heat 15 more seconds. Whisk in lemon juice and apricot preserves. Allow the flavors to meld for a few hours.
To serve, wrap a ribbon of ham around each piece of cantaloupe, securing in place with a toothpick; arrange on a serving plate. Lightly drizzle with sprinkle sauce. Serves 8 as an appetizer with leftover sauce that can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Recipe by Lorena Cupcake
Photography by Eva Kolenko
Food styling by Emily Caneer
Prop styling by Natasha Kolenko