When an urge for a snack lands on the sweeter side, satisfy it with warm and aromatic spices and crunchy almonds along with the benefits of Red Belly Hemp Honey.
- Twelve 6- to 7-inch rounds pita bread
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Red Belly Hemp Honey
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ cup almond slices, coarsely chopped
Slice the pita rounds into six wedges. Combine oil, sugar, honey, cinnamon, ginger and cardamom and apply to pita with a brush. Arrange wedges on jelly roll pan(s) and sprinkle lightly with almonds. Bake at 400° F until golden, 5 to 7 minutes, watching carefully so they don’t burn.
Recipe by Paul Lowe
Photo by Matt Armendariz