Sparkling Calamansi Bee’s Knees Cocktail with Red Belly Honey
- 2 ounces gin (preferably Ginebra San Miguel)
- ¾ ounce Red Belly Honey syrup (recipe follows)
- ¼ ounce freshly squeezed calamansi juice (or bottled)
- Sparkling water or wine to top
- Calamansi, halved, for garnish
In cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine gin, honey syrup and calamansi and shake well. Strain over ice into a collins glass. Top with sparkling water or wine. Garnish with calamansi half. Makes one drink.
To make the Red Belly Honey syrup: Add ½ cup Red Belly Honey and ½ cup distilled water to a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until honey is dissolved. Cool and transfer to an airtight container. Syrup will keep, refrigerated, for up to one month. Makes 1 cup.
Photography by Eva KolenkoFood styling by Emily CaneerProp styling by Natasha Kolenko