Iced Turmeric Latte
Golden Milk originated in India. Infused with turmeric, it’s a go to for ailments such as inflammation, coughs, and any aches and pains. Make the mix and store in a jar for an icy cold pick me up.
- 6 Tablespoons organic ground Turmeric
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons organic ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground cloves
- ¾ cup organic coconut milk
- ¾ cup organic almond or oat milk
- 1 teaspoon Red Belly Honey
- Ground turmeric to garnish
- Toasted coconut flakes to garnish
To make the turmeric latte mix, place a small pan over a medium heat. Add the turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper and cloves and toast the spices stirring constantly about 2 minutes, until aromatic. Set aside to cool, then decant into a glass jar with a tight fitting lid. Store in a cool, dark pantry.
To make an iced latte, heat the coconut milk and almond milk into a medium sized pan over medium heat. Whisk in the 1½ teaspoons of the turmeric latte mix and continue to whisk until the milk comes to a simmer. Remove from the heat and whisk in the Red Belly Honey, set aside to cool.
To serve, fill two tall glasses with ice and pour in the latte and finish with a light dusting of turmeric and toasted coconut flakes.
Recipe courtesy of Val Aikman-Smith
Photography by Eva Kolenko
Food styling by Emily Caneer
Prop styling by Natasha Kolenko
Original Red Belly Honey
$79.49 – $217.47